Monday 4 May 2020

Let's chat skincare!

I don't know about you but I LOVE a good skincare routine. Being a mum, it's so important to take a little bit of 'me time', which for me involves a niiiiice pamper. Maybe even a bubble bath if I'm lucky. I never really had a proper skincare routine but my job has got me SO invested in it and it's given me amazing knowledge (shoutout to Nancy at work) and an insight in to what products are perfect for giving my skin some TLC. My skin is on the dry side so these are what work for me. Just an FYI, if you are oilier, some of these won't work for you and your skin type.

Just a disclaimer before we get in to it:
YES, I work for The Body Shop. No, I don't get commission and I'm not paid to promote anything. This isn't an AD and everything I'm going to mention has been paid for with my own money (however I do get a 50% staff discount). I genuinely love and use these products and a blog post on my skincare routine has been requested! Righty ho, lets crack on shall we?

STEP 1: Camomile Cleansing Butter
Camomile Cleansing Butter
(£11)
This is an absolute ICON at The Body Shop, it literally melts away make up and lifts it off the skin. Just wipe away with warm water and a flannel for soft, clean skin ready for the next steps. If you only do one thing, ditch the make up wipes and switch to this. Better for your skin, better for the environment. Thank me later.

STEP 2: Drops of Youth Liquid Peel
If you've not tried The Body Shop's liquid peels I would have to assume that you've been living under a rock. As this is an exfoliator, I wouldn't use this more than 3 times a week BUT it's a fantastic alternative to a harsh, abrasive scrub. Pop a few pumps on to clean, dry skin and rub it in. You can literally SEE the dead skin and pollution clumping up (gross, but so satisfying) and your skin feels amazing afterwards. The reason I would choose this peel over the other two that The Body Shop do is because this one has plant stem cells in which is going to help with skin cell renewal, therefore it's going to help with scars and blemishes, not just with the first signs of ageing (although that is a bonus)! Exfoliators are a key step in skincare routines as removing the top layer of dead skin will allow your other products to work much better, just don't over do it!

Vitamin E
Cream Cleanser (£8.50)
Hydrating Toner (£8.50)
Gel Moisturiser (£14)
STEP 3: Vitamin E Cream Cleanser
I do the peel whilst my shower is running and then wash it off with the Vitamin E Cream Cleanser when I'm in. The Body Shop's Vitamin E range is fantastically universal but especially good for thirsty skin types. This cleanser is literally like washing your face with a lotion and it's what I use every day in the shower to wash my face. It's really important to use a proper face cleanser, even in the shower as the skin on your body has a different pH level to your face. The amount of people (mostly men, sorry guys!) that come in to store with skin concerns but wash their face with body wash or shampoo... Just use a suitable face wash. That is all.

STEP 4: Vitamin E Toner
There are two toners that I use but the Vitamin E one is the one that I gravitate towards the most. It's a thicker consistency to your usual toners, it's almost oily and soooo hydrating. Again, fab for drier skin types and a perfect partner to my cleanser. Toning is another step that I wouldn't skip, it's your last stage of cleansing, ensuring that all traces of make up, dirt and cleanser are gone. I also helps to tighten your pores and restore the skin's pH. Right, what's next?

STEP 5: Drops of Youth Concentrate
Drops of Youth
Concentrate (from £26)
Liquid Peel (£18.50)
Four words: BOTOX IN A BOTTLE. At least that's what we call in the 'biz (I'm SO sorry, I promise I won't ever say that again). This shiz is AMAZING, I've got my sister-not-quite-in-law hooked on it. It's a serum so it penetrates (tee hee) deeper in to the skin than a moisturiser. Again, we've got the plant stem cell/skin renewal/anti ageing goodness in here AND IT JUST MAKES MY SKIN LOOK SO GOOD. It's so fresh and all kinds of lovely. 10/10.

STEP 6: Vitamin E Gel Moisturiser
But Becca... This isn't the right moisturiser for your skin type?!?!?! Technically, no. This one is for normal/combination skin BUT the formula of this is HEAVENLY and as it's part of the Vitamin E range, it is still super moisturising . I don't like heavy moisturisers, it's just a preference and this is as far from a heavy moisturiser as you're gonna get. Oil free and just sinks in like an absolute DREAM. UGHHHHHHH I cannot, I repeat I CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT recommend this one highly enough. And breaaathe. Sorry. It makes my skin baby soft and so smoooooth and glowy and healthy and did I mention I love it?

I'm aware that this sounds like a wanky hashtagAD but I promise it's not. Although I wouldn't be opposed to The Body Shop hitting me up for a cheeky spon. A girl can dream right? This is my actual skincare routine when I can be arsed. If you're brand new to skincare and you want to get in to it, go for the power of 3 to start: Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise. OBVIOUSLY it doesn't have to be ALL The Body Shop (or any for that matter #NotAnAD), just make sure they're appropriate for your skin type and any problems you wanna tackle.



.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! It’s only been recently I’ve got back into a good skincare routine but I’m always on the hunt for luxury products without the price tag! Definitely have to try body shop

    ReplyDelete